Sunday, February 19, 2017

The heavens have her

The cold nights give me less comfort. A starry night yet a gloomy fright. The things which scare me the most are never real. Feuds with my demons leaves me less to feel. I kneel before my altar and glance at my pain. I'm lead not by the still waters and forsaken for I can no longer hear the call of my name. I am to blame for all that goes wrong with nothing that is right to find. I seldom find peace that to my soul it binds. Blinded by the memories and cursed by my past. I walk this earth day by day with only but a mask. The task is heavy which I cannot fulfill.  He took away my joy and love left me barren still. The woman who shed her blood and soul to raise an infant to the man I now stand today. Yet in a hurry he just took her away. The first time she saw me I don't really know what when through her mind.  I never got the opportunity to ask my mother so divine. Cherished are my virtues and values you once taught. Once again it is but a glimpse of your face I sought. I cannot buy back the time I lost, I paid a heavy cost. You no longer breathe the air I do now. Sometimes I wonder how? How did I not foresee? How did I let my mother be taken from me. Your absence is felt, and your presence required. These struggles I face without you leave me so tired. I have not cried a tear but call out to the heavens to bring forth your name. Hoping one-day I will see you again. I am but lost and yet not tender or mild. I think about you and wonder how I became nobody's child.

Written and composed by
Timothy Justin Rudolph Rodricks

No comments:

Post a Comment